my blog =]

Sunday, January 15, 2006

I think that this world can be quite sad. Children renouncing their parents due to religion. Yes it does happen and sometimes to people close to your heart. Wanted to post about this precendently but was always 'interrupted' by my other train of thoughts.


Heard about how some distant relatives refuesed to attend their parent's funeral due to religion. Mainly they're christians but their parents arent. Is this what the bible teaches one? Shouldnt we be tolerant of each other's beliefs and respect each other despite a difference in religion. In fact what's a religion? To me it's just something to believe in and in a way acts as a guide in our life.


I still remember how my dad used to make us attend church with us when we were younger. It wasnt a problem to me until i joined the youth sunday school. Still i remember ever thinking must i be a christian so that i will be saved? What about the other religions? Will they not be saved because they're not christians?


Anyway i dont see why they cant cast their religion aside and sent their parents on their last journey. The years of hardwork and pain cant be compared to a religion?


My maternal grandparents passed away when i was young but during a recent conversation about it recently, i gained new respect for my dad. It was evident that my aunts were thankful to my dad, helping them with the funeral despite the religion differences. Although i know he'll like us to be christians and forces me to attend service every sunday now that i dont work, he still visits the temple with us and pays respect to my grandparents, just that we dont use the joss stick anymore.


I think that the world should have more people like my dad. Respect each and every religion and to me, at the end of the day, it's the family ties and friendship that matters, not religion.


By the way did you know that Singapore Casket is owned by a Jew?


Do note this post is not to offend but i'm just stating what i feel about people who would not give their parents the due respect all because of religion differences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home